History Matters welcomes submissions from all undergraduates. Please follow these guidelines when submitting papers:
- The deadline for submissions is the last Friday of January.
- Authors may submit papers via e-mail attachment in Microsoft Word format, to email@example.com.
- Please put your name, university, e-mail address, current mailing address, and phone number on a coverpage.
- We are especially seeking papers that utilize primary sources.
- We strongly prefer papers between 10 and 20 pages in length.
- Please do not include your name in the header or footer.
- Please use 1" margins and twelve-point font.
- The body text of all papers should be double-spaced, but footnotes should be single-spaced and ten-point font.
- All papers must include a bibliography of sources used.
- We ask that you use footnotes and conform manuscripts to the Chicago Manual of Style (latest edition), especially for footnote form.
- Only one submission per student will be reviewed.
- We do not accept papers already published or previously submitted to this journal or other academic journals.
- Revisions and additional research may be requested after editorial review, but a request for revision does not guarantee publication.
Please see the FAQs page for more information about the types of papers we are seeking. The editors welcome any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A page of history is worth a volume of logic.
Oliver Wendell Holmes
Department of History
Appalachian State University
P.O. Box 32072
Boone, NC 28608